ro•sham•bo baby is owned and operated by San Diego family Scott, Julia and their baby girls, Avery (4) and Chloe (1). we started our little company after realizing that nobody was making high-quality baby sunglasses or stylish baby shades while at a baseball game with a friend’s four month old who was staring up at the bright sun with no protection. Scott put his adult sunglasses on him and lightning struck: Little People Deserve Big People Shades. that means making our stylish baby shades in Italy instead of China. that means making them safe, durable, flexible, and chewable for little mouths. and that means making them just as stylish as designer adult shades.
two years later, we had the world’s best high-quality baby sunglasses ready for your little one and ours! Scott didn't want stop there though, he wanted to wear matching unbreakable pink shades with Avery, so we made kids and adult sizes so the whole family can match!
our name ro•sham•bo baby is a reference to the nostalgic game we all grew up playing (otherwise know as “rock, paper, scissor,” but “rock paper scissor baby” doesn’t have quite the same ring to it…). it also pays tribute to our autism support mission: special education and autism teachers have told us that playing ro•sham•bo can be a valuable teaching tool when kids need a quiet, calming, and personal interaction with a teacher. we have autism in our family, so this has been and always will be a pillar of our business.
we launched in June 2013 with a crowdfunding campaign to test the market for stylish baby shades and build up needed capital to fund more inventory and build this website. the result was overwhelming and the customer support and glowing feedback we received further fueled our ambition to make this dream of producing and selling high-quality baby sunglasses a reality.
we are also committed to being a company that makes a positive impact on our community, because if companies can’t make a positive difference in the world, what’s the point? that is why we have committed to give a portion of all sales to Surfers Healing in San Clemente, California to support their uplifting work. they take spectrum kids and their families out for a day of surfing and confidence building... it's all about what spectrum kids can do, not what they can't. www.surfershealing.org.
we are starting to get noticed, check out the latest ro•sham•bo baby buzz and all the great places our baby shades and baby gear are getting love!
- Fox News! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N6NovMYN8xo
- Reese Witherspoon had her assistant call us because our sunglasses were probably the cutest things they’d seen. “Ihave to tell you, we get a lot of stuff, but these are really freaking cute.”
- From Courtney Lopez (a.k.a. Mrs. AC Slater): “Omg @roshambobaby! love Dominic’s t’s & glasses!!! Thank you!”
- Popular blogs frequently run features on us.
- The Ellen show (check out your favorite baby shades on the wall between Ellen and Mila Kunis!
- OK! Magazine: Our shades were named a 2017 celebrity baby favorite!
- US weekly article: Jaime King and her adorable baby rockin' his “baby smurf” shades… Jaime and her husband have been seen all over L.A. and N.Y. with their little guy in our sunnies!
- Pregnancy & Newborn magazine review (September 2014): “The only thing cooler than a ‘full house’ or ‘saved by the bell’ shirt? A ’90s sitcom-inspired tee that benefits the autism research institute. Funding research and supporting families and individual affected by the disorder, Ro.Sham.Bo’s collection of rad tops and sweet shades has us saying, ‘you got it, dude.’”
- ok! magazine: “They makes amazing sunglasses for babies, but recently I’ve become totally obsessed with their pint-sized t-shirts that rock amazing pop culture references, like a saved by the bell tee that names the entire bayside crew and for the hip-hop lover another that lists rappers (Tupac, Biggie, you get the idea).”
- people magazine: “Made in italy, all of the company’s sunnies protect mini eyes from 100 percent uvb/a rays. plus, they’re adorably named after ’90s icons. There’s even a Kelly Kapowski pink and Zack Morris blue. Hear that Tiffani Thiessen and Mark-Paul Gosselaar?“
- san diego magazine (july 2014): “Ro.Sham.Bo baby is making sure even our littlest San Diegans are cruising the outdoors in style!”
- Jenny McCarthy's 2015 Ultimate Gift Guide Featured Product!